- Attorney Shareholder
Rodney A. Chamness II, was born in Las Cruces, New Mexico. He received his Bachelor of Accountancy degree, with honors, from New Mexico State University in 1984. He received his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Baylor University School of Law in 1986 and served as a Member of the Baylor Law Review (1985-1986). Upon graduating from law school, Mr. Chamness practiced in Dallas until joining this firm. Mr. Chamness is a member of the State Bar of Texas and is also a Certified Public Accountant.
Mr. Chamness’s practice focuses on assisting entrepreneurs and business owners. He helps entrepreneurs establish business structures and provides them with necessary legal advice to avoid common problems new business owners experience. For established business owners, he also provides legal advice in avoiding and overcoming obstacles as well as enhancing the value of established businesses. By proper planning Mr. Chamness guides business owners to successfully implement business expansion/continuation plans and exit strategies. Mr. Chamness also assists business owners with estate planning services helping owners preserve and build wealth for their families.
Outside the office, Mr. Chamness enjoys his family, Columbus Avenue Baptist Church, college sports, playing golf and traveling.
Areas of Practice
- Business 60%
- Estate Planning 15%
- Tax 15%
- Real Estate 10%
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant
- Texas, 1986
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. - 1986
- Honors: cum laude
- New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Bachelor of Accountancy - 1984
- Sakowitz v. Steck: Texas Looks at Covenants Not to Compete, Baylor Law Review, Vol. 38, No. 1, 211
- Business Law, Hankamer School of Business, Baylor University, 2002 to Present
- Retirement Law, Baylor Law School, Baylor University, Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants